Sunday 21 July 2013

And so it begins...

After a friend’s amazing 21st in Italy I am back in the U.K and have began to think about how I am going to pack my life into one suitcase, a situation made more difficult by BBC weather saying that São Paulo is currently 11°C, yes Brazil isn’t all sun and beaches!

That being said it’s not 11°C often and by the time I leave it will likely be in the 40s so I am attempting to pack for every eventuality. If it were Madrid I would just raid the nearest Zara on arrival but, as I learnt from my visit last summer, high street fashion in Brazil is dubious, something I will no doubt be writing a blog or two about when I arrive!


So… in case there is anyone reading that isn’t my mother (doubtful!), I am in my third year studying modern languages at Bristol and will be spending 6 months until Christmas working in São Paulo (need to check with the boss before I explain what I’m doing) and then from January until June will be in Madrid.

Writing, especially about myself, is definitely not something that comes naturally to me but I am determined to give it a try. I feel so lucky to have been given this opportunity and really want to make the most of it so I am going to try and record everything, no matter how mundane, so sorry about that in advance! I hope that it might also be useful to anyone either moving to Brazil/Spain or with an interest in Brazilian or Spanish culture/cuisine/fashion/economy.  

Well… that all sounds a little ambitious, more likely the blog will become a series of recipes with lots of pictures and not much else but we’ll see! So unless anything super interesting happens before I leave in 4 days the next update will be coming from here!

São Paulo





Once I sort out an internet connection that is, which with Brazilian bureaucracy may be my first challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment