Wednesday 21 August 2013

My first work trip!

I had a relatively quiet weekend and finally managed to catch up on a lot of lost sleep.
On Saturday after a bit of shopping at the new JK Iguatemi Mall we headed to a bar in Vila Madalena called Pé de Manga. It was a cool place with lots of tables positioned around a man-made river and despite it being a bit chilly, it had great atmosphere.
Pé de manga (not my photo)
Also not my photo
Pé de manga drink
The menu was rock star themed! I chose a Ringo Starr which was basically a glorified steak sandwich and to drink had the house Pé de Manga; frozen mango with vodka. It is somewhere I will be definitely going back to, especially as it's at the end of my road! 

On Sunday, after the best night sleep I'd had for a while I headed to the gym. It's a bit of a trek from home but I decided to join as it's the one everyone at work uses so normally we all go together during the week. However on the way I managed to stumble across the Vila Madalena street fair and never made it! It was basically a huge street market with hundreds of stalls selling handmade stuff and food! Kind of annoyed I only brought my credit card as there were so many things I wanted to try!
The kind of thing you bump into on the way to the gym in Vila Madalena! Gente estranha!
In the afternoon I went to Steph's house (my sister's friend from uni)where we ate feijoada, it was seriously yummy and was so nice of her inviting me especially as it was her mum's birthday party! I headed home stuffed and allowed myself to watch a romcom in English, by Sunday evening my brain is always exhausted from speaking Portuguese!

Today I had my first work trip with a client. When I heard it was to the international airport I wasn't too fussed but it was actually pretty awesome. We got to go in the control tower which was an amazing experience and met some super important people, oh and we got to travel in the diplomatic range rover! It was a pretty fun day, I'm looking forward to the next one!
Tonight my flatmate Luiza arrived back from visiting her family in Rio. She must like me! I came back to a new mattress, curtains, lamp and beside table. Opening the boxes felt like Christmas! My feet no longer go over the end of the mattress! Life is good...

Até!!



No comments:

Post a Comment